Heart disease is the third most common cause of death in Hong Kong
We conduct comprehensive health screenings to assess your risk of heart disease and provide advice on lifestyle changes to reduce risks. It is important to screen for cardiovascular disease early if you have the following risk factors: family history, tobacco exposure, high blood-pressure (hypertension), high cholesterol, obesity, physical inactivity, diabetes, unhealthy diets, or harmful use of alcohol.
The cardiovascular panel includes the following general screenings, with serological tests and a radiological screening.
General screening for Heart Disease
- Complete Lipid Panel screening (High Colesterol)
- Homocysteine levels. An elevated level is considered an independent risk factor for heart disease
- Fasting blood glucose screening
- High blood pressure screening
Specific screening tests:
- HEAVY METALS TESTING : Epidemiological evidence suggests metal contaminants play a role in the development of atherosclerosis
- EXERCISE TOLERANCE TESTING : We stress the heart to see if blood supply is reduced in the arteries that supply the heart, helping doctors know the kind and level of exercise appropriate for you
- CORONARY COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY ANGIOGRAPHY (CTA) : A non-invasive heart imaging test using high-resolution, three-dimensional pictures of the moving heart and greater vessels, determining if either fatty or calcium deposits (plaques) have built up in the coronary arteries
- CT CALCIUM SCORE : Detects calcium deposits found in atherosclerotic plaque in the coronary arteries, a powerful predictor of future heart problems