HIV Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP)
HIV Treatments -Emergency HIV drugs(PEP)
How PEP works against HIV?It takes a few days for HIV to become established in the body following exposure. PEP drugs given at this time may help the body’s immune system to stop the virus from replicating (multiplying) in the infected cells of the body. The cells originally infected would then die naturally within a short period of time without producing more copies of HIV.
Effectivess of PEPResearch indicates that taking PEP makes infection with HIV a lot less likely. But PEP doesn’t work every time – some people who take it still end up with HIV afterwards. It can fail because:
- the person doesn’t or isn’t able to take PEP as prescribed (every day for a month)
- some anti-HIV drugs don’t work against some strains of HIV (although this is rare)
- the initial viral load (the amount of HIV) in the body was too great for the drugs to be effective
The most reason for needing PEP
- Sex without a condom with a person who has, or might have, HIV
- Condom breaking or slipping off during sex
- Sharing needles or syringes with a person who has, or might have, HIV
Side Effect of PEPyou are taking PEP you could experience some unpleasant side-effects
- feeling sick,
- being sick,
- generally feeling unwell.
HK$ 13,470 - $15,920 (depends on medication selection)
Consultation and Drugs are included.
No surcharge will be included.
Emergency Consultation and BookingPhone : (+852) 3160 4886 | (+852) 3162 0002 (Available on Sunday)
Through Online Enquiry : Click Here!!