Heavy Metal Testing
Heavy metal pollutants are all around us
There are many symptoms of heavy metal exposure. In children, you may see poor growth, developmental delays, skin rashes, difficulty breathing and stomach aches. In adults, the complaints are similar, however shaking, nausea, nutritional deficiencies and numbness are common too.
Heavy metal exposure is consistently under diagnosed
Neo-Health provides a thorough heavy metal testing service. Our centre can carry out all the testing you need in one location, offering an on-site lab, experienced doctors and a functional medicine practitioner.
Symptoms of Heavy Metal poisoning
- GASTROINTESTINAL: Nausea, persistent vomiting, diarrhoea, abdominal pain
- NERVOUS SYSTEM: Headache, convulsions, dizziness or imbalance, nerve pain or numbness, tremors. Long-term exposure can cause memory loss, reduced brain function and learning difficulties
- CARDIAC: Chest discomfort, palpitations, shortness of breath, high blood pressure
- RENAL: Hematuria, cloudy urine, frequent urination, dehydration
- ANAEMIA: Pale skin or white lines in all nails
- SKIN: Skin irritation, skin ulcers, skin darkening, and the palms, soles, and the torso can manifest small "corns" or "warts." This can also cause hair loss and brittle nails
- LUNGS: Asthma, respiratory irritation, bronchospasm and cough
- FERTILITY ISSUES: In women: miscarriages and in men: infertility
- CHILDREN: Birth defects or weakened bones
Think you may have had heavy metal exposure?
The best way to confirm whether you've been exposed to high levels of heavy metals is to get tested. At Neo-Health, our testing includes tests for:
Read more on our featured article on HKHub about heavy metals screening.