Dr. Bernadette Wong
Academic and Professional Qualifications :
- Doctor of Psychology – Alliant International University/California School of Professional Psychology
- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology – Alliant International University/California School of Professional Psychology
- Master of Social Sciencein in Applied Psychology – City University of Hong Kong
- Postgraduate diploma in Applied Psychology – City University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication – University of Calgary Canada
Memberships and Associations :
- Registered Clinical Psychologist of Hong Kong Assocation of Doctors in Clinical Psychology
- Member of The Hong Kong Psychological Society
- Member of American Psycholocial Association
Professional Practice :
Dr Bernadette Wong believes everyone is unique and special, with the privilege to enjoy life and healthy living. She is devoted and passionate about helping individuals pursue happiness and healthy wellbeing.
Bernadette received intensive training during her experience teaching at a community church and a children's shelter. She possesses in-depth clinical experience working with young children, teenagers, and their families, as well as with adult and families with grief and bereavement issues.
Her focus is on working with children and adolescents, together with their families, who are experiencing behavioural, emotional or academic difficulties, usually in the presence of sexual abuse, familial dysfunction or psychological issues.
In addition, Bernadette assists young people with developmental delays to adapt to new living and learning environments by bringing awareness to their self and identity. She is experienced in dealing with grief and loss, parent-child conflicts, interpersonal difficulties, adjustment to major life events (e.g. birth and death in family, divorce/ separation, retirement) and acculturation difficulties. She is also familiar with couples and families who struggle with communication difficulties, conflict, separation and divorce.